University of Auckland Special Admission 2023
Special Admission Eligibility for University Studies
Do you lack formal qualifications? You may still be eligible for admission to our university.
Eligibility Criteria: To apply for Special Admission, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 20 years old or older on the first day of the semester you’re applying for
- Not have a formal university entrance qualification
- Be a New Zealand or Australian citizen or permanent resident
Applications are assessed based on various factors, such as prior education, work experience, English language skills, and motivation to study.
Special Admission Programs Available in 2023:
The following programs are available for Special Admission applicants:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication*
- Bachelor of Dance Studies
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies*
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching)
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Global Studies
- Bachelor of Laws (Part I)
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Sport, Health and Physical Education
- Bachelor of Property
- Bachelor of Science (excluding Biomedical Science and Food Science and Nutrition)
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Health Sciences
- Certificate in Languages
- Diploma in Languages
- Graduate Diploma in Music
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Dance Studies – 180 points
- Master of Design – 180 points
- Master of Housing Studies
- Master of Music – 180 points
- Postgraduate Certificate in Design
- Postgraduate Certificate in Fine Arts
- Postgraduate Certificate in Music
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dance Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Music
- Tertiary Foundation Certificate
- Cloud Computing for Business Professionals
- Cyber Forensics and Security (Online)
- Optimization of Medicines for Older People
How to Apply:
- Fill out the Application for Admission form (maximum of two pending applications at a time).
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $60.00.
- Submit the online application and provide personal information, academic history, and relevant details.
- Submit supporting documents either through the online application system or by emailing them to the admissions office.
The university offers alternative pathways for admission to undergraduate programs, including New Start and Undergraduate Targeted Admission Schemes (UTAS). UTAS reserves a number of places in undergraduate programs for eligible Māori and applicants from equity groups who meet the University Entrance standard but not the guaranteed entry score. UTAS is available to:
- Māori applicants
- Pacific applicants
- Applicants with disabilities
- Applicants from low socio-economic backgrounds (school-leavers from decile 1–3 schools)
- Applicants or their parents/guardians granted refuge in New Zealand.
Applications must be received by the published closing date and no later than December 1st of the application year to be considered for the next year of study. Late applications will only be considered if places are available.
- +64 9 923 5025 (within Auckland)
- 0800 61 62 63 (outside Auckland)
- +64 9 373 7513 (if overseas)
Email: [email protected]